Thursday, September 15, 2011

See you latte!

If you have nothing important to say, write it down instead.


That is the only way I can sum up blogging. Nothing I will write here has any importance or significance whatsoever, except to me, of course. But still, I write it here in the hope (or, rather, assumption) that someone will read it and be relatively interested, entertained and/or amused. 


Today I finished work. It was sad to say 'laters' to more friends, but I will not miss the job. I like working, I like having a routine to my day, and I like earning money. I dislike serving coffee to people who think they are better than you and treat you not like another human being, but a piece of mouldy Victoria Sponge on the underside of a tray. Serious cafe talk.


Today was also the day that shit got real. I now have nothing to do, nothing to think about, apart from the big move. I am finally (and definitely) getting my loan tomorrow, which means I can go mega shopping and sort my life into 40kg. Tomorrow I am also going to Basingstoke to chill with my good mate Chris Mardell, then I am spending Saturday with my big sister, going out on Saturday night and then (cue creepy voice from 'The Ring') 7 days. 


Things have gone quickly and I am sure Time will only speed up as it gets closer. That's okay, though. 


I haven't really got anything else to say, but I do have something for Potterheads, like myself:


Deathly Hallows. Hermione erases her parents' memories in order for them to be safe blah blah blah. Bypass a death, a wedding, another death and a lynx... Tottenham Court Road. They stun a Death Eater and then decide to erase his memory. None of them know how to do it and then Hermione says she has never performed the spell before but knows the theory.
Clear error by J.K. Rowling. Then again, I have read this book countless times before and have only just realised, so I will let her off.

I suppose that when you enjoy something so much, and then find a mistake with it that has always been there but gone unnoticed, you let it go. However, once you have found it, you are immediately aware when you see it again.

(It may sound like I am going to make a point, or relate the above to a current situation, but I'm not. It's just an observation I can't ignore... that people should smile more. (Yes, I went into Newton Faulkner lyrics. Good song, YouTube it.))

1 comment:

  1. I skipped reading the potter part, thanks for the heads up the beginning of the sentence provided.

    ReplyDelete